Did you know there are ways to cut down your bill with Active Paws? We like to help you save money and keep your pets happy at the same time. The following is a list of our current and ongoing promotions.
If you are pleased with our service and would like to tell other people about us, please do! When the person or people you refer sign a contract with Active Paws, you have your choice of one of the following: 1) One free day of your most expensive dog walking service; 2) Half a day of our dog pet sitting service for free, or; 3) One free day of cat sitting service (for cat clients).
You must have the people or person that signs up with us put your name down in the “How did you hear about Active Paws” section of our new client questionnaire. On the back of our business card is a place for you to write your name and give the card to your friend, this should help them to remember.
Frequent Buyer Programs
Many of our quality pet foods have their own frequent buyer programs. Here is a list of the current promotions we support in the store:
- Acana and Orijen. Both offer buy 12 bags, get one free. The free item has to match the least expensive item purchased. To enroll in this program, ask us for the frequent buyer card. Fill out the front, and we keep the card in the store so you don’t forget it when you come to buy your food.
- Blue Buffalo. Blue offers a buy 10 bags, get one free program. The free bag must be the same size bag or case as what you usually buy. We also keep the Blue frequent buyer cards at the store.
- Earthborn. Earthborn offers buy 10 bags, get one free. The free bag will be the same size as the most frequently purchased bag. Earthborn frequent buyer cards are also kept at the store.
- Fromm. Fromm offers buy 12 bags, get one free. The free bag will be the same size as the most frequently purchased bag. With the Fromm frequent buyer program, we give you the envelope to keep at home. Fromm requires that the UPCs from the bags be cut out and stored inside the envelope until you have 12, which is why we can’t keep the Fromm frequent buyer envelopes at the store, since you open the bags at home! Please remember to fill out the purchase dates on the envelope. Once you have collected all 12 UPCs, bring the envelope (with your customer information filled out) to the store to redeem your free bag!
- Primal. Primal offers buy 10 items, get $5 off on your next purchase. We keep the Primal cards in the store. Fill out a card, and we will mark the card with the date stamp on the frozen product and stamp it.
To participate in the frequent buyer programs, you must physically come into our store. We do offer free delivery to clients, but this is in place of our normal delivery charge. Food delivered to your home will not be included in the frequent buyer programs.
We also offer 10% off of all canned foods in a purchase when you buy 12 or more 12 ounce or larger cans, or 24 3 ounce or 5.5 / 6 ounce cans.
We also offer free frisbees on Fridays! That’s right, stop in to our store and ask us for a free Active Paws frisbee.
We love Acana and Orijen pet foods, and we also know how frustrating it can be when you come in to your favorite local pet supply shop and can’t find what you’re looking for. Acana and Orijen supply has been spotty recently due to first a package change, and — most recently — a kitchen fire that occurred in early September. The fire destroyed one of Champion’s custom ovens and reduced the output by half.
Last week, Champion Petfoods (the makers of Orijen and Acana) sent out an email updating us on the progress of its kitchen repairs. The first delivery of custom parts for the oven are scheduled to arrive October 15. The rest of the parts are scheduled to arrive on October 22 and November 5. Champion believes it will be back to its normal production schedule by the second half of November.
Store manager Tricia has put together a substitution suggestion chart in case you run out of your desired food before we can get it on the shelves. These substitutions were selected for their similar ingredients list, which should create an easy temporary switch for your pet.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. One of the reasons Orijen and Acana have the reputations they do is because Champion refuses to outsource its production, ensuring that the food you feed to your pet is subjected to Champion’s high standards for quality control every step of the way.
|If we don’t have…
||Acana Prairie or Earthborn Primitive Naturals
|Orijen 6 Fish
||Acana Pacifica or Fromm Salmon Tunalini
|Orijen Regional Red
||Acana Ranch or Earthborn Great Plains
|Origen Puppy or Orijen Large Puppy
||Earthborn Primitive Naturals
||Blue Wilderness Turkey
|Orijen Cat and Kitten
||Earthborn Primitive Feline or Wellness Core
||Lamb-based grain free kibble, such as NutriSource Lamb Meal Formula
It’s October! And we wouldn’t be the pet supply store we are if we didn’t have pet costumes. Right now, we offer lobster, spider, skunk and skeleton costumes, as well as adorable themed plush toys!
We have several great specials going on, including 15% off of Mutt Nose Best shampoos and conditioners. The scents include Green Tea & Lemon Lime, Fresh Ginger Mint, Rosemary & Peppermint and more. You’ll have the best smelling dog at the dogpark!
Does your dog like canned dog food? Consider purchasing our discontinued lines, which, while perfectly healthy foods, we have decided to discontinue in favor of other yummy canned dog foods. Discounted canned foods include various Wellness canned foods, Innova, Merrick Puppy, Natural Balance, Taste of the Wild, Solid Gold, Canidae, Before Grain and Holistic Select.
Our bargain bin, located to the right of the register on the floor, is a great place to find deals on many discontinued product and canned foods that were dented during shipping. You can get as much as 50% off of our normal price. The bargain bin currently contains dental health items, soft paws, grooming items, food supplements, a toy or two, and more.
We’re also offering 15% off of all cat toys and accessories, so don’t forget Kitty!